Ready to start a home remodel? Whether it be a kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel, mudroom project, basement bar, or cabinetry for your entertainment area or home office, The Cabinet Store is ready to help! Our team of experts not only specializes in helping you select products and materials that are right for your remodel project, we also have a fabulous design department, and can help you create the layout for your new space! Here are some helpful guidelines as you begin planning your remodel project:
1. Before you visit us here at The Cabinet Store, make some notes about what you want to accomplish with your remodel. Here are a few questions to consider during the planning stages:
- What is the goal of your remodeling project?
- What are your basic project needs?
- Which project wants or extras do you want to look into?
- What is your project budget?
- Which parts of your project do you want to handle yourself and what will you need to hire professional help for?
2. As you think about these questions, gather project ideas and inspiration — Pinterest and Houzz are amazing sources for generating ideas and keeping tabs on materials and layouts you love. Also, take the time to make some rough measurements of the dimensions of your space.
3. Once you have spent some time thinking about your project, come in to The Cabinet Store and meet with us! Bring a photo of your current space, your inspiration photos, and measurement notes. Our on-site designers are excited to discuss your project with you!
4. We’ll sit down and chat about your project. Our designers can help with your remodel plans of any size, whether your goals are to simply upgrade your cabinets or countertops, create a whole new floor plan, or troubleshoot a challenging space. Using our amazing design software, we will generate a computerized design of your project. This detailed layout of your future room will also provide you with a 3D design rendering and an estimated project cost.
5. Finally, once you decide to move forward, The Cabinet Store will manage your project’s completion, including product selection, plan implementation, and yes, even final installation.
To help you prepare for the scope of your project, here are some material ordering timelines:
- Cabinets take 4 to 5 weeks to manufacture and deliver after ordering.
- Decorative Hardware is selected and ordered at the same time as cabinets and is ready to be installed at the same time.
- Quartz (Cambria) Countertops are selected when cabinets are ordered. Upon installation of the cabinets, the cabinetry tops are then templated (measured based on the actual cabinet install), and then Cambria fabrication begins. These countertops are generally completed and installed 2 to 3 weeks after the cabinets are installed.
- Laminate Countertops are selected when cabinets are ordered and are generally installed within 1 week of the cabinet installation.
- Sinks and Faucets are selected at the same time countertops are selected and arrive along the same timeline. They are installed at the same time as your choice of countertop.
By following these simple and straight forward project steps, the final result is a smooth remodeling process you can count on — not to mention the beautiful finished results of your newly remodeled space!
The Cabinet Store specializes in layout design, product selection, and installation for cabinetry, countertops, sinks, and faucets. We are ready to help with your kitchen remodel, bathroom project, and more within the Twin Cities area and greater MN. To learn more about our process, visit the Getting Started page of our website and feel free to contact us or stop into our incredible Apple Valley showroom today!