These homeowners love their holiday baking, and just look at the kitchen they get to do it in now! Just in time for Christmas, here’s a refreshing kitchen makeover to inspire you…
This 1972 Apple Valley Rambler had been holding tight to its original look. The outdated dark oak cabinets along with plain laminate countertops, soffits, and a lack of storage were hard on the eye.
The homeowners wanted more storage, durable countertops, and a fresh new look! Here’s how we made this happen:
- We designed a new kitchen layout (with a conveniently similar footprint) that included significantly more storage
- The homeowners did all their own tear-out and prep work, including removing the old soffits so the cabinets could go to the ceiling
- Even when it was discovered that some of the plumbing couldn’t be moved, we were able to modify the cabinets while on-site (yes, right there at the time!) and install them to work around the plumbing — while still looking amazing
- The cabinetry is by Showplace, with the Chesapeake door style, painted black
- The new super-durable countertop is by Cambria in Brownhill
- The appliances were made possible through our partnership with Warners Stellian
- The sink is an Elkay low divide quartz sink (which they are thrilled with, as it fits all of their large baking pans!)
- We used organizational accessories and pull-outs wherever possible, making use of every bit of space, including some corner areas that were unusable before
- A trash can pull out was included so even their trash is now hidden
The black cabinetry makes for a rich and dramatic look that they love — and so do we! What an amazing transformation. Enjoy the before and after pictures below. (And then enjoy a few Christmas cookies of your own!)
If you’re ready to consider a kitchen with more room for holiday baking, entertaining, or just a whole new look, come visit us at our amazing showroom here at The Cabinet Store in Apple Valley. We’ll walk you through some design ideas and you can have an inspiring look around!