1. How long does the design process take?
After receiving your measurements and images, we’ll get started with the initial design and contact you within a few days. Once we review a design and budget ‘price’, we’ll continue making revisions until you’re satisfied. (This typically takes two store visits.)
2. How long does the installation process take?
Our experienced crew can install your cabinets in one day! After we complete the cabinets, we’ll measure for countertops, which typically take up to another two weeks to fabricate and install.
3. How do I know if my project is a DIY or if I need a contractor?
Honestly, most of the time you’ll know fairly quickly if you, or someone you know, is up to the task. DIYing can be a fantastic money saver, but if you or your circle aren’t qualified, save yourself a headache and hire some help!
4. Do you work with DIYers?
YES! We love working with do-it-yourselfers. About 75 % of our clients are DIYers!
5. Will you work with a contractor of our choice?
Of course – we do it all the time! We only request that your contractor provides clear communication about the project’s scope and schedule.
6. How should we go about hiring a contractor?
The best search method is asking friends, relatives, and coworkers for recommendations. If someone you know and trust enjoyed working with a company, that’s a good place to start!
7. Who will be installing the cabinets and countertops in my home?
Our, in-house, team of experts handle each and every installation! We don’t hire out any of our work – ever. All installation team members are employees of The Cabinet Store.
8. What if I don’t feel comfortable measuring on my own?
If you don’t feel comfortable measuring on your own, give us a call, we’re happy to help!
9. How do your designers keep up on current trends?
Our designers know it’s vital they stay informed on the latest trends and technology! All of them regularly seek out industry periodicals, conferences, and trade shows. They also stay connected to evolving consumer tastes through interactions with our clients in person and on sites like Houzz and Pinterest.
10. Which cabinet suppliers do you use?
Showplace, Countryside, and Medallion cabinets – American and Midwest made manufacturing matters to us!
11. Which countertop suppliers do you use?
Cambria – Minnesota made, and industry leading Quartz countertops.