Yeah, you’ve heard that avocados are good for you. Downright amazing, in fact.
After all, they are:
- Healthy for the heart
- Great for vision
- Helpful in osteoporosis prevention
- A Cancer fighter
- A good source of folate for pregnant women
- Helpful in lowering the risk of depression
- High in fiber and good for improving digestion
- Good for your immune system
- Helpful in preventing chronic diseases
(Get the insider-info on these health factors from Medical News Today here).
And yep, you totally dig your guacamole. You might even have tried some snazzy, creative guacs, like Bacon Guacamole, or California Style Guacamole, or any number of the unique guac recipes found here.
But have you tried just grilling them straight? Hefty and meaty, halved avocados are great for grilling. And they look pretty handsome with those grill lines too.
Give ‘em a try and then wow your summer guests this season with a Grilled Avocado Bar, complete with fillings galore!
RECIPE: Grilled, Stuffed Avocados
- 2 ripe, Large Avocados, seeded and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Fillings: -1/2 cup fresh chopped tomatoes, pico de gallo, or your favorite salsa
-sliced Buffalo mozzarella or crumbled feta cheese
-fresh diced basil or cilantro
- Cut a large avocado in half and remove the seed with a spoon
- Drizzle with fresh lime or lemon juice and brush lightly with olive oil
- Gently place cut side down on a searing hot grill for about 2-3 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Fill with optional filling — fresh chopped veggies or your favorite salsa
Create your Grilled Avocado Bar by putting out seasonings and fillings in bowls with serving spoons, so guests can customize their grilled avocado to their own taste!
Since you’re gonna be grillin’ this summer, you might as well remodel your kitchen, right? After all, you won’t be needing it for awhile. Click here to read why summer is the best time to tackle that remodel, and then connect with us here at The Cabinet Store today!